Saturday 9 July 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge - Theme (Anything but a Card)

This week's challenge over at Simply Stampin' Challenge is a theme challenge - 'Anything but a Card'. I was going to go with a scrapbook page but then saw this cute gift idea by Lori Tecler in the US Papercrafts magazine 350 Cards & Gifts so decided to give it a go. I bought some plain white tealights and to decorate them I stamped each of the four fruit designs onto white tissue paper. I then punched each one out with a circle punch. To make them easier to punch, back each one with a heavier weight of card. Then punch a small hole in the centre of each with the Crop-A-Dile and place over the wick of the tealight. Using a pair of tweezers to hold the tissue paper in place I then heated it with the Heat Tool so that it melts the image onto the tealight (be careful as the metal rim of the tealight does get hot!). I changed up the colours and stamps but otherwise kept to the design, I am really happy with how it turned out and can see myself making more of these for gifts!

Products used (all by Stampin' Up! unless specified):
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Markers: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive Button
Stamp Sets: Tart & Tangy, Fresh Cuts
Other: Bakers Twine, white Tissue Paper, Tealights
Look forward to seeing all of the entries for this week's challenge, hope you can join in!

Thanks for looking,
Kirei x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this, what a sweet gift! After seeing your project I ran to my craft room, got out the tissue paper and heat gun and made a tealight flower lollipop - thanks so much for the fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete