Wednesday 27 June 2012

June Week 4 layout for Pages of Memories

Hi Everyone!

It was a green theme for this week's Kit from Pages of Memories with some fab papers from the Kaisercraft 'Chapter One' collection. I had the perfect photos to scrap with this Kit that were taken a little earlier this year.

I used the bright green Bazzill as my base, now I did gut it first but didn't actually end up using any of it for the layout. It does give me some scraps though to use with the other leftovers from the Kit!

I cut a piece of the 'Flourish' paper 10" x 7" and rounded the bottom corners and stuck this to the bottom half of my base. Then I cut a 10" x 4" piece of the 'Encourage' paper (make sure the stripes are going in the right direction!). This was attached directly above the 'Flourish' paper to the top section of the layout.


The photos were stuck down next... first was the larger photo, this was a 7" x 5" but it was cut down slightly to 6 1/2" x 5" and the bottom corners were rounded before attaching to the bottom right of the layout. I then used two 6" x 4" photos but they were cut down to 3 1/4" x 4" and 3 1/4" x 6" (you could use more photos as long as they can fit into the space). I cut a 10" x 1/2" strip of the light green Bazzill and stuck this down onto the striped 'Entourage' paper so that it would provide a small border to the top edge of the photos.

I then cut a 1 1/2" x 12" strip of the striped 'Entourage' paper (make sure the stripes are running the right way) and then drew a curved edge on the strip before cutting out and attaching to the layout in between the top and bottom photos. Over this I attached a narrow strip of the light green Bazzill and then finished off with a strip of the bobble ribbon that came with the Kit.


I used a couple of the flowers and brads that came with the Kit, and layered them with some white punched out flowers. Attach these with some glue dots to the left of both the bottom and top photos. To finish off I added a title and journalling with some large and small alphas from my stash.


Want some more inspiration? Then take a look at Niki's layout using this same Kit over at
her Being Scrappy blog.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment