Thursday 2 August 2012

August Week 1 layout for Being Scrappy....

Hi Everyone!

Apologies I set this blog post for Wed of next week in error....oops!

I had some of the fabby 'Miss Caroline' papers from My Minds Eye in my Being Scrappy Kit to play with this week..

First I took the 'Wild Flower' paper and gutted the centre leaving a 1" frame, I then cut an 11" square of the kraft Bazzill and stuck that down onto the frame that I had just cut. I doodled around the edge of this with a light brown marker to resemble stitching.


Next I cut a 10.25" x 4" piece of the 'Ledger' paper which I stuck down to the bottom half of the kraft Bazzill. Then I cut four pieces of the 'Wild Flower' paper into 3.5" x 2" strips and attached them just above that.

I mounted my two photos onto the green Bazzill leaving just a narrow edge. Photo sizes were 6.5" x 5" and 5" x 3.5". Stick these down, layering the smaller one just over the top edge of the bottom one.

Add some journalling to the left of the bottom photo, I cut strips from the 'Wild Flower' and wrote on them.



My 'MAIL!' part of my title was the Kaisercraft Alphas that came with the Kit, and I added some other alphas from my stash.


Diecut 4 x flowers from the patterned papers and Bazzill and attach them to the layout, to finish them off I did add some buttons and twine from my stash.



Finally I added some of the yellow ribbon from the Kit to frame my title, just pleating it and then stapling it to hold it down.


This lovely Kit is available for a limited time from the Be Scrappy online store...

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment