Wednesday 22 August 2012

August Week 4 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

This week's Being Scrappy Kit contained some of the pretty Kaisercraft 'Lilac Avenue' papers, now I have to admit that purples are not really top of my list when I think of colours so these are always harder to work with! However I realised I had the perfect photo to go with them - our friend's little girl was wearing a purple top and had a yellow bib on which was spot on!

Now this is a nice and easy layout to make! I used the 'Violet' paper as the base for my layout. Cut a 9.25" x 7" piece of the 'Lavender' paper and before sticking down take a 9.25" strip of the purple Bazzill and punch a border. Attach this to the bottom of the 'Lavender' paper and then attach to your layout.


My photo is 5.75" x 4.75" which was mounted onto the yellow patterned 'Dandelion' paper and then the yellow Bazzill. Use the patterned border strip from the sheet of Kaisercraft diecuts and attach this to the bottom of your mounted photo, then stick this down onto your layout. You could use a different size photo or even more than one if that works better for you.

Then add your embellishments to the bottom left of your photo and the top left and bottom right of the layout. I used a mixture of the Kaisercraft diecuts and yellow ric-rac that came with the Kit, though I had to add a few buttons and twine from my own stash!



Finally add a title, again I used alphas from my own stash.


This Kit will be available for a limited time from Be Scrappy. Don't forget to pop on over to Niki's blog to see what she did with the Kit!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment