Friday 14 September 2012

Sept Week 2 layout for Being Scrappy...


Hi Everyone!

Apologies as I am extremely late posting this week's layout for the Be Scrappy Kit. We were away last weekend and I then had a few late nights with work and have just not caught up at all! Anyway better late than never so here is what I did with this week's Kit which contained the nice and bright 'Shoreline' papers from American Crafts.


I used the sun side of the 'Solana' paper as my base, and cut carefully around the 'sun' image in the bottom right corner as I wanted to pop this up on some foam pads. I also gutted a 6" square from the centre of this paper. I cut a 9" square from the 'Newport' paper (wave side), but don't stick it down yet! I then used what was left of that paper to cut enough pieces to layer under the wave paper, if you look closely enough you will see where the joins are (one each side).


Attach these and then use the blue selvedge to edge the red 'Newport' paper, again be careful as I had to cut it into 3 x pieces to fit! Now you can attach the 9" square of the 'Newport' paper to your base, and then stick down the three photos. Mount one of these on the blue Bazzill. My photos are 6" x 4", 5.5" x 4" and 4.5" x 4".

Now reattach the 'sun' image on foam pads. Add some journalling using some strips of the gutted piece from the 'Solana' paper.


Finally add a title using the bright and glittery Thickers that come with the Kit. I did add a few alpha stickers from my stash!


Have a look here to see the layouts that Niki made with the Kit...

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment