Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sept Week 3 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

Well, I managed to get back on track this week and get my post done in time!

I had the pretty 'Indie Chic'papers from My Mind's Eye to work with this week, though it did take me a while to choose the photos and then come up with the layout. I knew I wanted to use the 'Primrose' paper as the base but I just couldn't get the photos right, so I stopped playing around with it and came back to it a week later and it all just came together... sometimes you just need to take a break from trying too hard!


I used the pink Bazzill as base for the main paper and gutted it first leaving a 1.5" frame. Then I cut the 'Primrose' paper down to an 11" square, distressed the edges and attached it to the pink Bazzill frame. I mounted my two photos onto the pink Bazzill and then onto one of the patterned papers. I used the grey 'Chevron' paper for my large photo and the pink 'Geometrics' paper for the smaller one. My photos were 6.5" x 5" and 4" x 3.5". Before attaching to the base I stuck a small strip of the orange 'Geometric' paper to the left underside of the larger photo. Then I attached both photos to the layout.

Layer up some strips of the patterned papers and the ribbons at the bottom of the larger photo.


Finish off the embellishments by adding the pretty flowers that come with the Kit to the bottom left and top right of the larger photo. I tucked some little loops of the lilac ric-rac in around the flowers.



My journalling was written on some narrow strips of the cream grid 'Primrose' paper and attached to the bottom right of the photo.


 I finished it off with a title using some alphas from my own stash.


Have a look here to see what Niki did with the Kit...

If you like this Kit, why not have a look at the monthly subscription offer at Be Scrappy where you can save money!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment