Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sept Week 4 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

This week we had more of the vintagey, glittery 'Lost & Found Two' papers from My Mind's Eye to play with and I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap, a pic from my wedding day as the papers were perfect for that!


I decided to use the 'Dotted' paper as the base for my layout (no gutting this week!). Then I cut the 'Everything' framed paper in half and carefully cut around the edge of the frame leaving a narrow border of red.

I then cut a selection of shapes from the patterned papers which will be layered up underneath my photo: brown patterned - 5" x 10.25", brown striped 1.25" x 7.25", red striped 0.75" x 6", cream with glitter edge 2.5" x 7". These can be stuck down as shown in my main layout pic. Attach your photo mounted to a piece of the green Bazzill. Cut out the 'Celebrate' word frame and attach to the top right of the layout.


Now take the fancy framed paper and stick some double sided tape to the back all around the curved edge then attach the lace ribbon ruffling it as you go. Stick this down to the main layout.

 
I made a large flower cut from the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die (3 x large and 1 x small) and attached the layers together with a brad from my stash. Stick to the layout covering the typewrier image (as this didn't work for my photo) and then punch some leaves and attach under the flower. 
 
 
Finish off with some strips of journaling for under the photo (from the 'Celebrate' paper) and add a title (from my stash).  
 

 
Do go and see what Niki did with the Kit this week... and for a fab monthly subscription offer have a look here.
 
Thanks for looking!
Kirei x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment