Wednesday 31 October 2012

Oct Week 5 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

This week's Kit from Being Scrappy nearly stumped me as it contained the halloween themed papers 'Lost & Found Halloween' from My Mind's Eye and I really didn't have any spookily appropriate photo! So after digging through all of my older photos I found some that were perfect but nothing to do with Halloween... they are from a weekend in Prague that Lee surprised me with just before Christmas 2008. He had planned it for 6 months and it was perfect, topped off by the fact that this is when he proposed!


I used the orange Bazzill as the base for my layout but first I gutted it leaving just a 1" frame. To this I stuck down a 11.5" square of the caramel Bazzill. Cut a 4" x 12" strip of the glitter strips 'Hallows Rounds' paper and attach this to the bottom of the layout.

I mounted three 3.5" x 3" photos onto a 9.5" x 3.75" strip of the orange Bazzill. Then mount this onto a 4" x 9.75" piece of the black patterned 'Hallows Halloween Ads' paper and attach this to the layout.


Mount a 3.75" x 5.75" photo onto orange Bazzill.

As the embellishments that came with the Kit were all Halloween related I had to change them so that they were more appropriate for my layout. So I took the three 'BOO' banners and punched a small  circle from the glitter 'Hallows Round' paper and stuck this over each letter. I then threaded them onto some linen twine and attached this to the top right corner.


I took the layered skull doily sticker and removed the skull, then used this as a corner feature under my mounted photo.


Finally I took the 'Happy Halloween' sticker and covered the words with a piece of the caramel Bazzill so that I could add some journalling. I also added some strips of the caramel Bazzill under the main photo that I also used for journalling.


To finish off I added a title using alphas from my own stash.


So if you like what you see this Kit it is available for a limited time over at Be Scrappy, and do pop on over to Niki's blog to see what she has done with the Kit!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x



No comments:

Post a Comment