Wednesday 9 October 2013

October Week 2 layout for Being Scrappy...

Morning Everyone!

For my Being Scrappy layout this week I used the bright 'On the Sunny Side' papers from My Mind's Eye. They were lovely and cheerful and were perfect to go with some recent photos of our new nephew Ralph...


I used the 'Parade' paper as the base for my layout, now I didn't gut it but you could if you wanted too so that you had extra paper to use for another layout. I just forgot!

Next cut two 2" x 11" strips of the yellow Bazzill, round the left corners and stick to the layout base approx. 0.75" from the top and bottom.

Then cut two 1" x 11" strips of the yellow Bazzill and punch a decorative border in each one.

Cut a 8" x 11" piece of the 'Sweet Chevron' paper and stick the border punched strips just underneath the top and bottom edges before sticking down.


Cut a 4.5" x 11" piece of the 'Simple Stripe' paper and stick down.

Mount a 5.75" x 4" photo to piece of yellow Bazzill and then onto some of the 'Simple Stripe' paper. Tie a piece of twine around the bottom of the photo and then stick down to the left side of the layout.  


Crop two photos to 4" x 3" and mount to a piece of yellow Bazzill and stick down to the right of the large photo.

Add some strips of yellow Bazzill below the two smaller photos for your journaling.


I added a title using some alphas from my own stash.


Finish off with some of the buttons that come with the Kit but don't leave them naked, tie them with some twine first!


Have a look here to see the layouts that Niki designed this week... this fab Sept Kit will be available for a limited time here....

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment