Wednesday 16 October 2013

October Week 3 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

This week I used the Basic Grey 'Mint Julep' papers from the October Being Scrappy Kit. As they had a vintage feel to them I decided to scrap some photos of our visit to Highclere Castle in August with mum and dad.


I used the 'Carolina' paper as my base, again I didn't gut this but you could if you wanted to have some extra paper for another project.

Cut a 9" x 8.5" piece of the 'Marion' paper and stick down to the right side of the layout. I did add a couple of embellishments first - in the top right they were stapled on, and the bottom right they were tucked under the edge.

 

Stick down two photos cropped to 5.75" x 4".


Then I just created embellishments using the matching transparencies that come with the Kit (there are loads!). I layered up some tags and used these for journaling, attaching some small decorative pieces after with staples.


Add a length of one of the manufacturers strips and a border punched strip to the bottom left of the layout.


Finish off with a title, this one was from my own stash.


Pop on over to see what Niki came up with this week... this month's Kit is available here for a limited time.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment