Wednesday 18 December 2013

December Week 3 layout for Being Scrappy...

Morning Everyone!

This week from the December 'Being Scrappy' Kit I used the 'Chalk Studio' papers from My Mind's Eye which feature some of the chalk style papers that are very popular right now. I decided to scrap some photos I had from a visit to Shaw's Corner with mum and dad last year, that featured some stunning purple alliums.


I used the 'Pictured' paper as the base for my layout and trimmed it to 11.75" x 11.75". Then I carefully cut out the centres from all of the whole frames (6) on the paper.

Use these centres to cut shapes from the green honeycomb 'Happy Day' paper and cover the frames centres around the edge of the paper.


Use some short strips of the gold glitter trim to line just under some of the frame edges.

Cut your photos so you can stick them behind each of the 6 x frames.


Attach the entire layout to the piece of purple Bazzill.

Then I added short pieces of some of the patterned strips to the bottom right corner. From my stash I did add a few purple enamel dots around the layout.


I managed to fit some journaling into one of the small frames. To finish off add your title, I used some alphas from my own stash.


Pop on over to Niki's blog to see the two layouts that she has designed this week. This month's Kit can be purchased here for a limited time.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei xx

No comments:

Post a Comment