Wednesday 25 December 2013

December Week 4 layout for Being Scrappy....

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas Day with their families and friends. Lee and I are spending the time over at his parents where we will be tucking into a huge Christmas dinner, drinking, having a snooze, playing games, then eating some more while playing more games and eventually falling into bed pretty late (dependant on how the games went!). We usually play Trivial Pursuit, The Logo Game, Best of British and it gets very competitive!

Anyway onto today's layout... I used the 'Family Stories' papers by Teresa Collins from the December Being Scrappy Kit. As they are obviously family focused papers I dug out a photo from Lee's youngest brother Sam's wedding that was perfect.


I used the grey zigzag 'Family' paper as the base for my layout.

Cut a 4.5" x 11" piece of the wood 'Framed' paper and stick down approx. 3" from the left side of the layout.

Next cut a 4" x 10" piece of the 'Doily' paper and stick down approx. 1" from the left side of the layout.


I did cheat a little and add 2 x small doilies from my stash. Stick these down along with a 7" x 5" photo and a journaling card cut from the 'Notecards' paper.


Then I cut a selection of journaling strips from the 'Noted' paper into short lengths and layered them at the bottom left of the photo and to the top right of the journaling card. Add some of the
enamel dots that come with the Kit.



Finish off with a title... I used some alphas from my own stash.


Niki has come up with two fab layouts, have a look here to see what she came up with... The December Kit will be available for a short time from here.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of your Christmas break!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment