Wednesday 5 February 2014

February Week 1 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

We have a fab new Being Scrappy Kit for February... I love checking out the new papers, alpha and embellishments that I have to play with! For this week's layout I am using the pretty 'Flea Market' papers by Crate Paper and some sweet pics of Lucy (our friend's daughter) getting ready to go to a party (apologies for the out of focus photo, I didn't realise it wasn't so good until writing this post!).


I used the words side of the 'Market' paper as the background for my layout as I thought the words were perfect with the photos I had.

Next I cut a 2" x 11" strip of the spotty 'Tag Sale' paper. Cut 'v' shapes out of each end, ink the edges and stick it down approx. 3.5" from the bottom of the layout. Cut a 1" x 9.5" strip of the pink 'Pale China' paper and punch a fancy border in it, ink the edges and stick down just over the bottom edge of the banner strip. Then cut one of the manufacturer's strips to 9", ink the edges and stick down.


Mount a 6" x 4" photo onto a piece of the pink 'Antique' paper and stick down with a slight slant to the right of the layout.


Crop another photo to 3.5" x 3.5" and stick down to the left of the first photo. Add one of the pretty matching fabric frames that come with the Kit.


Cut out one of the tags from the 'Tag Sale' paper, ink the edges and stick down below the bigger photo. Make sure it is one that allows enough room to add your journaling.

I cut out some of the pretty plates from the 'Fine China' paper to embellish the layout. Ink the edges before sticking down.


Finish off with your title, there is a fab alpha that comes with the Kit and I decided to string it onto some twine in the top left corner.


Have a look here to see the two layouts that Niki has designed this week. If you like what you see pop on over here to see the full February Kit and all of the subscription details.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment